Seasons Greetings 2014
A very merry seasons greetings to all
from us at the Citizens Foundation in Iceland!
Highlights from 2014
- In 2014 we presented and participated with good people in many countries at conferences, meetings, workshops, crowd-sourcing budgets processes, collaborators, partners in democratic innovation and more. Thank you all!
- We received the brilliant news that 7 Estonian law proposals crowd-sourced through Your Priorities have become laws, improving democracy and grassroots influence in Estonia – http://www.citizens.is/portfolio/estonian-laws-changed/
- We released a new 3D add-on to Your Priorities that uses virtual worlds and irc chat to connect people better together online – http://spjall.betrireykjavik.is/
- We continued to make Your Priorities more user-friendly on any platform you want to use, this is our favorite never-ending process :) – https://yrpri.org. We launched a preview of the new version to be released in 2015 – http://your-priorities-preview.org/
- We worked with the NHS of UK to improve their communication with their clients – https://nhs-citizen.yrpri.org/
- We continued working on our annual participatory budgeting project – https://www.betrireykjavik.is/pages/6-betri-hverfi-2015 – and also continued our work on improving Better Reykjavik, both in co-operation with the City of Reykjavik – https://www.betrireykjavik.is/
- We partnered with the Icelandic municipalities Hafnarfjörður and Hvalfjarðarsveit in using citizens participation to make the community better – https://betrihafnarfjordur.is/
All our code is open source: